Bonding / Surety
Jackson Dieken & Associates offers a full-time, designated surety department to help with your bonding needs. Our unique team approach brings together clients with our Jackson Dieken service team and surety underwriters - a winning combination that helps our clients use their surety program as a tool to grow their business. We believe that clear and candid communication from all parties is the most effective way to achieve your goals.
Our team of professionals are all members of the National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP) as well as the Ohio Contractors Association.
Services provided by our team include:
- Arrange and attend meetings with the surety companies and personnel
- Assist in establishing business continuity plans
- Provide assistance in understanding surety company analysis of your financial statements and capacity
- Meet with your CPA, banker or other professionals in order to meet your surety credit needs
- Offer assistance in locating bankers, accountants, design professionals and qualified subcontractors
- Provide assistance for insurance and surety on out of state contracts
- Maintain back up surety markets to assure adequate bond lines and rates
Our surety department provides the following:
- Contract Surety
- Commercial Surety
- Bid & Performance Bonds
- Payment Bonds
- License Bonds
- ERISA Bonds
- Fiduciary/Guardianship Bonds
- Subdivision Bonds
See below for more information on some of the types of Bonds we offer at Jackson Dieken & Associates. To begin working with our experienced Surety Bonding Department fill out this form or call us at 440-250-6873 and one of our staff members will follow up with you shortly.
Contract bonds can be used to accomplish a variety of goals, including meeting government requirements and guaranteeing agreements between private parties.
For the Pre-qualification requirements needed for Contract Surety Bonds please click here.
Commercial Surety can include any of the following bonds: Appeal, Customs, Supply, Utility, Wage & Welfare as well as several other types.
Jackson, Dieken & Associates recognizes that each industry has very different surety needs. We work to understand each of our client’s specific necessities and develop tailored solutions that fit their financial and operational resources.
Bid & Performance Bonds
Whether you are a contractor with surety experience looking to increase the capacity of your program or bidding a job for the first time, we have the resources to find a solution that meets your needs. Representing numerous surety companies, we are certain to find just the right fit for your business.
We also know timing is critical to the success of any surety program. That is why our team works diligently to provide prompt service, with your needs in mind.
Payment bonds exist to protect subcontractors in the event the general contractor is not able to pay for work performed. A payment bond is required for any contractor with a Federal Government job greater than $30,000 and written to 100% of the contract value.
Interested in learning more about what Jackson Dieken & Associates surety department can do for your business? Please complete the attached contractor’s summary form to start the process.
These items are needed for contract bonding pre-qualification
- Latest three fiscal year end statements for the company pre-qualifying and on any affiliated, subsidiary, holding company or any other company owned by the principal owners/stockholders.
- Any interim statements that have been prepared since the last fiscal year end.
- Personal financial statements of the principal owners/stockholders of the company, preferably prepared concurrent with the fiscal year end statement.
- Work on Hand Schedule, which is dated within the last 30 days. Also, a Work on Hand Schedule for the last fiscal year end if this information is not part of the year-end statement.
- Letter from your bank outlining your current working capital borrowing capacity.
- Completed Contractor's Questionnaire.
- Resumes on principal owners/stockholders.
- Any reference letters received from owners, architects or engineers.
- Insurance Certificate.
If applying for a Performance Bond, also furnish:
- Completion of our Bond Request Form
- Copy of Contract and Award Letter
- Bid Results
Please either scan and email these requirements or fax them to 440-250-6874.