Cyber & Privacy
Municipalities and other Public Entities face the serious threat of data breaches and system hacking incidents. Municipalities are being targeted frequently, most likely due to their strict budgets that don’t allow improvements to their oftentimes antiquated network security systems and controls. This risk only continues to grow as operations continue to digitize.
Coverages to protect your entity are available through Cyber or Data Breach Liability Insurance Policies. It is important to purchase a Cyber policy that includes, at minimum, the following coverages:
- Privacy and Security Liability
- Media Liability
- Privacy Liability
- Notification Expense/Credit Monitoring – Cost to notify individuals if their personal data has been lost or stolen
- Privacy Regulatory Fines and Penalties
- Public Relations/Crisis Management
- Cyber Extortion
- Cyber Crime (Computer Fraud/ Funds Transfer/ Social Engineering)
- System Business Interruption/Extra Expenses Due to Breach
- Data Restoration
- Payment Card Costs
As the use of technology increases, you face a greater threat of a data breach or other loss of personal information in your possession.
Please contact us to further discus how Cyber/Privacy Coverage can protect you.
In the mean time please browse our tips and other resources for steps you can take to protect against a breach.