- About us
- Business Insurance
- Personal Insurance
- Specialty Programs
- Life & Health
Commercial General Liability (CGL) Policy is extremely broad in nature. It insures the bodily injury liability and property damage liability exposures of a variety of commercial businesses, enterprises and ventures. The broad nature of these forms eliminates having to select and group individual or specific hazards, with the resulting potential gaps in coverage.
These policies can be offered on either an occurrence or a claims-made basis, as a monoline policy or combined with one or more other lines of insurance to form a commercial package policy. The basic exposures of the named insured covered by the CGL coverage forms include:
- Ownership, maintenance or use of the premises
- Operations conducted or performed on or off the premises
- Written contracts and agreements
- Products manufactured, sold or distributed
- Completed operations
- Personal injury
- Advertising injury
- Medical payments on the premises or at jobsites, without regard to fault
Each of these coverages is subject to certain policy definitions, exclusions and limitations.